meta content='6;url=http://dylanglynn.tumblr.com/'http-equiv='refresh'/> DYLAN GLYNN: The Goetheanum

Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Goetheanum













An amazing building in Switzerland called the Goetheanum. The building really has this feeling of being like a boulder. Everything is designed to have this organic feeling and the interior is like a crystal or a drawing by M. C. Escher. The building is a center for spiritual science and physical manifestation of the philosophies of Rudolph Steiner. 

I'd encourage you to learn more about the Steiner schools, which from what I understand have adopted a more nurturing philosophy to education which encourages emotional and spiritual growth as oppose to just the stuff that's easy to mark. 

And thanks to Klaas and his parents for bringing me to this place and taking most of the pictures I included in this post!

3 comments:

Klaas Op De Beéck said...

My pleasure taking you there buddy! It was absolutely great sharing this with you.

Natan Moura said...

I was in Waldorf schools up until high school... always wanted to visit this building, looks incredible.

Nicole Kozak said...

Wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow! Aaah I love this!