meta content='6;url=http://dylanglynn.tumblr.com/'http-equiv='refresh'/> DYLAN GLYNN: Monster Memory

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Monster Memory



Here is my submission for the latest Sketchoholic interview, this time with the legendary Dice Tsutsumi. The topic was "You favorite childhood anime". I was OBSESSED with digimon and pokemon as an 8-11 year old, and the creature in the painting is based on a specific drawing I remember doing as a kid of one of my very own made up digimon. I ended up making it a pokemon cause I didn't think people would recognize the digivice, so it got turned into the iconic pokeball. If I ever find that drawing I'll post it.

7 comments:

Gyimah said...

haha nice one

Nicole Kozak said...

awww nice!

Klaas Op De Beéck said...

dang that's nice!

Nic said...

This is pure awesome.

Also, because Digimon and Pokemon rock(ed).

Skim said...

lollll

Kirsten Whiteley said...

This is really beautiful! I didn't watch Pokemon or Digimon so the initial referece went over my head but this stands alone very well! Good Job!

The Animachine said...

The colors are really well done. TEACH ME! I actually preferred the feathers in the black and white sketch though, I liked that they overlapped and were a little messier. It made me feel like they were exploding out of his ass. Anyways I assume you changed them for the sake of readability, but I thought they read fine the other way.

Anyways it's really gay! I mean cute!!